Thursday, March 27, 2014

Crawl


As you know I love animation and for those who know me a bit better they also know that I love pixel art (I guess now you do too!).

When those two worlds collide in an awesome way like with the game "Crawl" by Barney Cumming and David LLoyd, I can only giggle in delight.

I highly recommend you check out the TIGForum thread about the development of the game. The attention to detail is really nice despite the limitations of the style, all the way down to smear frames. The FX animation is a lot of fun to watch as well.



Even menu animations show how much fun the developers are having with this project.







There's also a neat tutorial on how the developer approaches the animation process, which is layered and simplified in order to speed up his workflow:


As well as quick post regarding his key poses and inbetweens:



And here's the trailer for the game:



2 comments:

Alon Helman said...

This is awesome!!! Thanks for posting this!

Jean-Denis Haas said...

Sure thing!